The Presidential Scholarship
Apply Now Through Nov. 15!
Presidential Scholars were leaders in their high schools with superior academic achievement, a commitment to service and inspiring personal qualities. Now, at Georgia State, these students are taking campus by charge and making an impact in a wide variety of ways.
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits each semester for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition (through HOPE/ZELL for GA residents)
- Cost of mandatory student fees
- Cost of housing
- A yearly living expense stipend
- A one-time $2500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Opportunity to compete for a paid University Assistantship where students work on special projects or research in an academic department
This award totals anywhere from $12,244 to $23,474 per year depending on in/out-of-state student status and University Assistantship participation.
To be considered for this highly competitive scholarship you must:
- Have applied to Georgia State University by Friday, November 9, 2018.
- Submit a scholarship application by Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (You will log in as a returning user and select “Start New Application.” Then, select “Scholarship” as the application type for the 2019 Presidential Scholarship.)
- Have a teacher or high school counselor submit a letter of recommendation by Friday, November 30, 2018.
- If selected, Presidential Scholarship finalists will be notified via email and invited to on-campus interviews in January 2019. On-campus interviews will take place at Georgia State University on February 15, 2019.
Presidential Scholar Tips Webinar
Want to learn more about the Presidential Scholarship? Watch a recording of a virtual conversation and learn about the Presidential Scholarship application process and ways to make your Presidential Scholarship Application more competitive!
Our 2018 class of Presidential Scholars had an average GPA of 3.96, SAT of 1431 and ACT of 32.5.