The Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholars were leaders in their high schools with superior academic achievement, a commitment to service and inspiring personal qualities. Now, at Georgia State, these students are taking campus by charge and making an impact in a wide variety of ways.
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits each semester for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition (through HOPE/ZELL for GA residents)
- Cost of mandatory student fees
- Cost of housing
- A yearly living expense stipend
- A one-time $2500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Opportunity to compete for a paid University Assistantship to explore research and engaging work experience in an academic department
- Access to individualized classes and mentoring opportunities
This award totals up to $28,803 per year depending on in/out-of-state student status and University Assistantship participation.
To be considered for this highly competitive scholarship you must:
- Apply to Georgia State University (submitting your Common Application) and submit a Presidential Scholarship application by Friday, November 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Have a teacher or high school counselor submit a letter of recommendation.
- If selected, Presidential Scholarship finalists will be notified via email and invited to on-campus interviews in January 2020. On-campus interviews will take place at Georgia State University on February 28, 2020.
Presidential Scholar Tips Webinar
Want to learn more about this amazing opportunity and to get answers to your questions about how to apply?
Our 2019 class of Presidential Scholars had an average GPA of 3.94, SAT of 1408 and ACT of 32.