The Honors College Ambassadors corps is made up of a diverse and dedicated group of outstanding Honors College students who desire to hone their leadership skills while also contributing to the Honors College legacy. Once selected, ambassadors have the opportunity to serve through graduation provided that they continue to meet all requirements.
Ambassadors serve as representatives of the Honors College at a variety of events, especially those involving prospective students and families, alumni of the college, parents, and key university administrators.
Ambassador Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Honors College student in good standing, with at least one semester completed
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.5 at the time of application and every semester as an ambassador
- Eager to share your Georgia State and Honors College experiences
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups
- Available for monthly training sessions and meetings, bi-annual workshops, and at least five events per semester
The application process is closed for the 2023 – 2024 academic year. The next application process will begin in Spring 2024 for the 2024 – 2025 academic year.
- Participate in on-campus recruitment events
- Serve on student panels during Honors College recruitment events
- Serve as hosts to prospective students who are visiting the Honors College
- Assist with college special events, such as convocation, commencement, athletics and lectures
- Attend monthly Ambassador training meetings, bi-annual workshops (spring and fall) and at least five events per semester
Being an ambassador will allow you to:
- Develop interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Foster connections with faculty, staff and administration at the Honors College and throughout Georgia State University
- Build or enhance your professional experiences while making connections for strong letters of recommendation
- Form new relationships with fellow outstanding students