The Honors College Ambassadors corps is made up of a diverse and dedicated group of outstanding Honors College students who desire to hone their leadership skills while also contributing to the Honors College legacy. Once selected, ambassadors have the opportunity to serve through graduation provided that they continue to meet all requirements.
Ambassadors serve as representatives of the Honors College at a variety of events, especially those involving prospective students and families, alumni of the college, parents, and key university administrators.
Ambassador Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Honors College student in good standing, with at least one semester completed
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.5 at the time of application and every semester as an ambassador
- Interested in sharing your Georgia State and Honors College experience
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups
- Available for monthly training sessions and meetings, bi-annual workshops, and at least three events per semester
The Honors College is not currently accepting applications for its Ambassador program. Please return later.
- Participate in on-campus recruitment events
- Serve on student panels during Honors College recruitment events
- Serve as hosts to prospective students who are visiting the Honors College
- Participate in local high school recruitment visits
- Assist with phone calls, mailings, and related Honors College recruitment tasks
- Assist with college special events, such as convocation, commencement, athletics and lectures
- Attend monthly Ambassador training meetings (typically the last Tuesday of the month), as well as bi-annual workshops (spring and fall).
Being an ambassador will allow you to:
- Develop interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Foster connections with faculty, staff and administration at the Honors College and throughout Georgia State University
- Build or enhance your professional experiences while making connections for strong letters of recommendation
- Form new relationships with fellow outstanding student
Interest students who meet the criteria listed above should apply online and may be contacted later for interviews.
The application period is currently closed. Check back later for updates.