The Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholars were leaders in their high schools with superior academic achievement, a commitment to service and inspiring personal qualities. Now, at Georgia State, these students are taking campus by charge and making an impact in a wide variety of ways.
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits each semester for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition and fees (through HOPE for GA residents)
- Cost of housing in a 4 bedroom/2 bath unit in the University Commons (downtown apartment style living)
- A yearly living expense stipend of $2000
- A one-time $2500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Eligibility for a University Assistantship, a work option to earn an additional $1250 per semester
To be considered for this highly competitive scholarship you must:
- Be accepted to the Georgia State University Honors College.
- Submit a scholarship application by January 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- A letter of recommendation will be required as part of the Presidential Scholarship Application. The person that you designate to write a letter on your behalf must email their recommendation as a word or PDF file on official letterhead to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission of letters of recommendation is January 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m
- If selected, Presidential Scholarship finalists will be notified via email and invited to on-campus interviews by February 24, 2017. On-campus interviews will take place at Georgia State University on March 3, 2017.
Presidential Scholar Tips Webinar
Want to learn more about the Presidential Scholarship? Watch a recording of a virtual conversation and learn about the Presidential Scholarship application process and ways to make your Presidential Scholarship Application more competitive! Join us on December 13 at 6 p.m. for our Presidential Scholarship Webinar.
Last year’s Presidential Scholar class had an average GPA of 3.99 and SAT of 1420.