The Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholars were leaders in their high schools with superior academic achievement, a commitment to service and inspiring personal qualities. Now, at Georgia State, these students are taking campus by charge and making an impact in a wide variety of ways.
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits each semester for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition and fees (through HOPE for GA residents)
- Cost of housing in a 4 bedroom/2 bath unit in the University Commons (downtown apartment style living)
- A yearly living expense stipend of $1000
- A one-time $2500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Eligibility for a University Assistantship, a work option to earn an additional $1250 per semester
To be considered for this highly competitive scholarship you must:
- Apply for admission by November 15
- Be accepted to Georgia State University
- Submit a scholarship application by January 17. 2014
Last year’s Presidential Scholar class had an average GPA of 4.0 and SAT of 1440.