The Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholars were leaders in their high schools with superior academic achievement, a commitment to service and inspiring personal qualities. Now, at Georgia State, these students are taking campus by charge and making an impact in a wide variety of ways.
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits each semester for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition and fees (through HOPE for GA residents)
- Cost of housing in a 4 bedroom/2 bath unit in the University Commons (downtown apartment-style living)
- A yearly living expense stipend of $2000
- A one-time $2500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Eligibility for a University Assistantship, a work option to earn an additional $2500 an academic year
To be considered for this highly competitive scholarship you must:
- Be accepted to the Georgia State University.
- Submit a scholarship application by January 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (scholarship application will include a letter of recommendation from a teacher or high school counselor).
- If selected, Presidential Scholarship finalists will be notified via email and invited to on-campus interviews by March 1, 2018. On-campus interviews will take place at Georgia State University on March 2, 2018.
Presidential Scholar Tips Webinar
Want to learn more about the Presidential Scholarship? Watch a recording of a virtual conversation and learn about the Presidential Scholarship application process and ways to make your Presidential Scholarship Application more competitive! Join us on November 28 at 6 p.m. for our Presidential Scholarship Webinar.
Last year’s Presidential Scholar class had an average GPA of 3.978 and SAT of 1440.