The Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholars were leaders in their high schools with superior academic achievement, a commitment to service and inspiring personal qualities. Now, at Georgia State, these students are taking campus by charge and making an impact in a wide variety of ways.
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits each semester for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition and fees (through HOPE for GA residents)
- Cost of housing in a 4 bedroom/2 bath unit in the University Commons (downtown apartment style living)
- A yearly living expense stipend of $2000
- A one-time $2500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Eligibility for a University Assistantship, a work option to earn an additional $1250 per semester
To be considered for this highly competitive scholarship you must:
- Be accepted to the Georgia State University Honors College.
- Submit a scholarship application by January 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- A letter of recommendation will be required as part of the Presidential Scholarship Application. The person that you designate to write a letter on your behalf must email their recommendation as a word or PDF file on official letterhead to email@example.com. The deadline for submission of letters of recommendation is January 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m
- If selected, Presidential Scholarship finalists will be notified via email and invited to on-campus interviews by February 24, 2017. On-campus interviews will take place at Georgia State University on March 3, 2017.
Presidential Scholar Tips Webinar
Want to learn more about the Presidential Scholarship? Watch a recording of a virtual conversation and learn about the Presidential Scholarship application process and ways to make your Presidential Scholarship Application more competitive!
Last year’s Presidential Scholar class had an average GPA of 3.99 and SAT of 1420.