GSURC Student Planning Committee
2017 GSURC Student Planning Committee
|Dalton Muzyka, Committee Chair||Finance|
|Shelby Bock||Media Entrepreneurship|
|Aliyah McKie||African American Studies|
|Lexie Newhouse||Media Entrepreneurship|
|Paris Stroud||International Economics & Modern Languages|
The Honors College and the Georgia State Undergraduate Research Conference (GSURC), invites applications for student representatives to serve on the GSURC Planning Committee for the Spring Semester. Selected students will be notified of their acceptance in October and will serve their term November through May.
GSURC is an interdisciplinary undergraduate research conference which highlights and recognizes the research taking place across Georgia State’s campus. We are seeking at least one undergraduate representative to serve on our GSURC Student Planning Committee board from each of the following colleges:
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Education
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Students who assume a role on the committee will gain valuable leadership experience in conference/event planning, public relations, recruitment, and assessment. Additionally, these student leaders will engage regularly with Honors College staff and University Faculty members.
Responsibilities of GSURC Planning Committee include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with recruiting students for participating in GSURC
- Assist with publicizing GSURC to campus departments, colleges and constituents
- Serve as an ambassador for the conference, attending applicable GSURC information sessions when possible
- Attend bi-weekly planning committee meetings Jan-Feb and weekly meetings beginning mid-March
- Interacting with faculty and staff on the GSURC Advisory Board
- Preparing conference materials such as registrations, nametags, signage, etc.
- Assist with post-conference debriefing activities
- Support the Honors College Events Coordinator with on-site logistics at GSURC
- Serve as presentation moderators, guides, and/or check-in staff
One student will be selected as the Student Chair of the GSURC Planning Committee, please denote on your nomination letter if you wish to be considered for the chair.
The Honors College is no longer accepting applications for the 2017 GSURC Student Planning Committee .
Questions about how to get involved as a GSURC 2017 volunteer or as a future Student Planning Committee member? Contact Honors College Assistant Director of External Relations, Mallory McKenzie.