Becoming a Strong National Scholarship Candidate
What is a national scholarship?
- Highly competitive, merit-based scholarships available in nearly all disciplines
- Complete or partial funding for undergraduate and postgraduate study or research
- Some scholarships offer unique training, mentoring, and networking opportunities
- Some national scholarships require a nomination from your institution
Which characteristics do successful applicants have in common?
- High academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- A desire to distinguish oneself professionally
- A commitment to the common good or a desire to make positive social change
How do I prepare to become a national scholarship candidate?
- Begin using the online national scholarship candidate portfolio building tool
- Review the list of national scholarships and select those of interest
- Review eligibility criteria then check out profiles of current scholars
- Complete and submit the pre-candidate questionnaire
Where can I get more information?
- Make an appointment with Laura Weissbaum, Coordinator, National Scholarships and Fellowships.