GSURC Student Planning Committee
The Honors College and the Georgia State Undergraduate Research Conference (GSURC), invites applications for student representatives to serve on the GSURC Planning Committee for the Spring Semester. Selected students will be notified of their acceptance in December and will serve their term January through May.
GSURC is an interdisciplinary undergraduate research conference which highlights and recognizes the research taking place across Georgia State’s campus. We are seeking at least one undergraduate representative to serve on our GSURC Student Planning Committee board from each of the following colleges:
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Education
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Students who assume a role on the committee will gain valuable leadership experience in conference/event planning, public relations, recruitment, and assessment. Additionally, these student leaders will engage regularly with Honors College staff and University Faculty members.
Responsibilities of GSURC Planning Committee include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with recruiting students for participating in GSURC 2015
- Assist with publicizing GSURC to campus departments, colleges and constituents
- Serve as an ambassador for the conference, attending applicable GSURC information sessions when possible
- Attend bi-weekly planning committee meetings Jan-Feb and weekly meetings beginning mid-March
- Interacting with faculty and staff on the GSURC Advisory Board
- Preparing conference materials such as registrations, nametags, signage, etc.
- Assist with post-conference debriefing activities
- Support the Honors College Events Coordinator with on-site logistics at GSURC 2015 (April 14, 2015)
- Serve as presentation moderators, guides, and/or check-in staff
One student will be selected as the Student Chair of the GSURC Planning Committee, please denote on your nomination letter if you wish to be considered for the chair.
Selection Process: We anticipate a competitive selection process. To be considered please complete a GSURC Student Advisory Board Application (below). Applications will be accepted until December 2nd. Contact Honors Alumni and Events Coordinator, Mallory McKenzie with any questions. Please note applicants will be notified of their status no later than December 15.