We are excited that you are considering the Honors College at Georgia State University! Here are general guidelines for application.
- Review the Honors College admission requirements to make sure you meet all criteria for admission.
- Record pertinent dates to ensure that you meet the appropriate application and scholarship deadlines.
- Apply online to Georgia State University.*
- Come meet us – visit Georgia State and the Honors College.
- Receive notification of University and Honors College admission status.
- Accept your scholarships and submit your Intent to Enroll.
- Have questions? Email Sloane Krauss the Honors College Admissions Counselor.
Admission is limited to approximately 200 incoming first year students each year, all of whom receive some form of merit scholarship from Georgia State.
*Your admission application will automatically be reviewed for acceptance to the Honors College; no additional application is needed. However, we do encourage students to fill out the optional essay questions.
Current Georgia State Students
Currently enrolled Georgia State students may apply to the Honors College upon completion of between 12 and 60 hours of coursework while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.5 or better.
Transfer students with a 3.5 GPA and between 30 and 60 completed credit hours are also welcome to apply. Current and transfer students can fill out the online application and the Honors College will contact students with notification of their admission.