We are excited that you are considering the Honors College at Georgia State University! Here are general guidelines for application.
- Review the Honors College admission requirements to make sure you meet all criteria for admission.
- Record pertinent dates to ensure that you meet the appropriate application and scholarship deadlines.
- Apply online to Georgia State University.*
- Come meet us–visit Georgia State and the Honors College.
- Receive notification of University and Honors College admission status.
- Accept your scholarships and submit your Intent to Enroll.
- Have questions? Email Ashley Young, the Honors College Admissions Counselor or fill out our Honors College Admissions Inquiry Form.
Admission is limited to approximately the top 5-7% of the incoming first year students each year. For best consideration for the Honors College and merit scholarships please apply by the Early Action Deadline (November 16, 2015).
*Your admission application will automatically be reviewed for acceptance to the Honors College; no additional application is needed.
Current Georgia State Students
Students who have completed between 12 and 60 hours of coursework while enrolled at Georgia State University and have a minimum 3.5 Georgia State GPA may apply for admission to the Honors College. The Honors College application is now closed and will reopen in December of 2015.
Transfer students who have completed between 30 and 60 hours of coursework while enrolled at an institution of higher education and have a minimum 3.5 GPA may apply for admission to the Honors College. The Honors College application is now closed and will reopen in December of 2015.