Honors College Ambassadors
What is the Honors College Ambassador program?
The Honors College Ambassadors are an integral part of recruitment for the College. They will serve as panelists and hosts at our Honors College fall visits, assist with Honors College events and various recruitment activities. Involvement can range from speaking one-on-one with prospective students and parents about your academic field and experience with the Honors College to giving presentations to larger groups of students and parents.
What are the requirements to become an Honors College Ambassador?
- be members in good standing of the Honors College
- have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and every semester as an Ambassador
- have participated in the Honors College for at least one semester
- be interested in sharing their Georgia State and Honors College experience
- comfortable speaking with small and large groups
What are the responsibilities of Honors College Ambassadors?
- participate in on-campus recruitment events
- serve on student panels during Honors College recruitment events
- serve as hosts to prospective students who are visiting our Honors College
- participate in local high school recruitment visits
- assist with phone calls, mailings, and related Honors College recruitment tasks
- assist with college special events (convocation, commencement, lectures, etc)
- attend at least one training session each fall and spring
What are the benefits of becoming an Honors College Ambassador?
- developing interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- getting to know the Honors College and larger Georgia State faculty, staff and administration
- building or enhancing your resume and making connections for strong letters of recommendation
- meeting new people, making contact with other outstanding students
How are students chosen to become Honors College Ambassadors?
We are always looking for a well-rounded, highly motivated and well-spoken group of students who can represent our Honors College. Ambassadors will be selected on the basis of both a written application and oral interview. We will be recruiting the next group of Honors College Ambassadors during Spring 2014. If you have questions about the Honors College Ambassador Program or the application process please contact the Honors College Ambassador advisor Mallory McKenzie.