Honors College Ambassadors
What is the Honors College Ambassador program?
The Honors College Ambassadors corps is composed of a diverse and dedicated group of outstanding Honors College students who desire to hone their leadership skills, while also contributing to the Honors College legacy. Once selected, Ambassadors have the opportunity to serve in this capacity through graduation provided that they continue to meet all requirements.
These student leaders serve as representatives of the Honors College at a variety of internal and external events, especially those involving prospective students and families (Undergraduate Admissions), alumni of the college, parents, and key university administrators.
What are the requirements to become an Honors College Ambassador?
- be members in good standing of the Honors College
- have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and every semester as an Ambassador
- have participated in the Honors College for at least one semester
- be interested in sharing their Georgia State and Honors College experience
- comfortable speaking with small and large groups
- availability for monthly training sessions/meetings, bi-annual workshops, and a minimum of 3 events per semester
What are the responsibilities of Honors College Ambassadors?
- participate in on-campus recruitment events
- serve on student panels during Honors College recruitment events
- serve as hosts to prospective students who are visiting our Honors College
- participate in local high school recruitment visits
- assist with phone calls, mailings, and related Honors College recruitment tasks
- assist with college special events (convocation, commencement, lectures, etc)
- attend monthly Ambassador training meetings (typically the last Tuesday of the month), as well as bi-annual workshops (spring and fall).
What are the benefits of becoming an Honors College Ambassador?
- developing interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- fostering connections with Honors College and larger Georgia State faculty, staff and administration
- building or enhancing your professional experiences, while making connections for strong letters of recommendation
- forming new relationships with fellow outstanding students
How are students chosen to become Honors College Ambassadors?
Applications for the 2014-2015 cohort of Honors College Ambassadors has now closed. We will begin recruiting the next cohort of ambassadors in Spring 2015. If you have any questions about the ambassador recruitment process please contact Mallory McKenzie at email@example.com.